Thursday, June 3, 2010

Easy Weeknight Dinner


Last night was one of the easiest dinners I have made in a long time, anyone could do this. I was at Whole Foods and asked one of the guys in the produce section where to find their mango salsa (I was just going to buy it for chips to dip) and he asked if I was making fish for dinner. I said no and he told me I HAD to try this Thai marinade with Tilapia, bake it and then serve with the salsa on top. So I took his advice and boy was he right!! The fish was so easy to make and full of flavor. Then I had to decide what side to make and remembered that I had bought some Quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah") from Trader Joes for a recipe I saw on Giada's show. In case you don't know what Quinoa is, it's a grain similar to couscous but full of protein and nutrients. It can be bland by itself so you really need to give it flavor, but it was very tasty and healthy too!! Here are the recipes . . . bon apetit!!

For the fish . . .

4 Tilapia fillets
1 container of Whole Foods Thai marinade
1 container of Whole Foods mango salsa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Marinade the fish for about 20-30 minutes in the fridge. Put a piece of foil on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the fish is done and flaky. Serve with the salsa on top.

For the Quinoa, I have attached the link from Food Network for the recipe.

Herbed Quinoa - courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis

No comments:

Post a Comment